Streaming Box / Photobox v3
As a teacher, I was recently (due to the Coronavirus restrictions) forced to teach only half the students in class, the other half would be at home. I decided to live-stream my classes and looked for an easy solution.
In the end, I used my Photobox knowledge to build something similar for live streaming, but with a few different components/requirements:
- Good video quality
- Capable of connecting to MS Teams
- Wired and Wireless connection
- Wireless microphone receiver
- Easy to correct around, quick to set up
I built a box containing (once again) a Canon DSLR, but this time I also included a wireless microphone receiver and put a docking station for a notebook on top. Once I don't need it anymore, it will be re-purposed as a photobox.
Because I built it in rather limited time (a weekend), there was no time to order mounting brackets and other hardware components. Therefore, I used my 3D printer to produce the mounting parts. All parts are printed from PETG which works quite well!
- Canon EOS 500D
- AKG SR40 wireless receiver
- Trigger button (not yet connected)
- Pose and AF lights (not yet connected)
- ThinkPad T410 docking stations
- ThinkPad T410
3D Printed parts
The following parts are 3D-printed, you can download the part files here: